Sunane’ Abu Dawood has narrated this tradition from Jabir Ibne Abdullah Ansari. The tradition concludes with the following words – “The chain of prophethood has been completed through my person.” The same tradition is also narrated in Musnad Ahmed Ibne Hambal through Ubay Ibn Kaab, Hazrat Abu Saeed Khudri and Abu Hurayrah.
The Holy Prophet (saw) said, “Allah has bestowed upon me six favors which the former Prophets did not enjoy:
1. I have been endowed with the gift of perfect speech.
2. I was granted victory owing to my awe.
3. The spoils of war were made lawful unto me.
4. The whole earth has been made the place of worship for me and it has become the means of purification for me also. In other words, in my religion, offering of prayers is not confined to certain specified places of worship. Prayers can be offered at any place over the earth. And in case water is not available, it is lawful for my people to perform ablutions with earth (Tayammum) and to cleanse themselves with the soil if water for bathing is scarce.
5. I have been sent by Allah to carry His Divine message to the entire world.
6. And the line of prophets has ended in me.”
(Muslim, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)